When you use the Website, we collect the following types of information:
Information You Provide Us Voluntarily: We ask you to register to create an account on the Website. At that time, we request that you provide the following:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your geolocation (city, state/region, and country) information; and
- Your username and password.
To receive email communications from us, you need not register but we do ask that you provide us with your email address. Registered users may also be asked to provide additional contact information (such as a secondary email address or telephone number) when submitting support tickets to our customer support team; such information may allow our customer support team to better resolve service issues.
- Information Collected Automatically: We also collect certain technical information automatically when you use the Website. We collect this information in order to provide Website functionality and for our internal analytics only.
- Log Information: We collect server log information when you use the Website, which includes (but is not limited to) the date and time of your visits and/or logins (if registered), the pages viewed, and time spent on the Website.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and the web browser you use.
- Usage Information: We use various technologies, including third-party cookies, to collect additional information about your use of the Website, including the websites you visit before and after visiting the Website, which Website pages you view, which Website features you use and how often, how much time you spend on Website pages or functionalities, and which links on the Website you have clicked on. We collect this information to understand how the Website is working and how to improve it for you. Cookies are small data files placed on your web browser which enable us to collect this information. You can disable cookies to prevent the collection of the above usage information by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies aspects of the Website may not function properly.
- Chat Conversations and Video Communications: Please note that any information you disclose or share through chat conversations and video communications with other teachers will be made available to them and, accordingly, you should have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such information. We also retain copies of the chat conversations and video communications between you and other teachers who have registered to use the Website. We will not share our copies or the contents of these communications with third parties, and, if we use them at all, they will serve only to inform our internal testing and analytics purposes.
- Upload & Share: Any information you share with other teachers through the Upload & Share tool – both file uploads and comments -- will be made available to them and, accordingly, you should have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such information. We also retain copies of the files uploaded and comments shared using that tool. We will not share our copies or the contents of these files or communications with third parties, and, if we use them at all, they will serve only to inform our internal testing and analytics purposes.