Note: This article is only relevant for educators teaching in remote learning environments, where students will join video calls from multiple locations. If you are a caregiver looking to connect to other families click here.
Empatico will soon launch the ability to have multiple students join one video call from any location. In the meantime, you can still have a video call with your partner class by using other video conferencing platforms such as Zoom or Google Meet. You can use Empatico to get matched, chat with your partner, schedule calls, and review Empatico’s activities and resources to prepare your students.
The only part of your Empatico Journey where you might need to use another platform is the video call so that your students can join remotely.
If you’re using other video conferencing platforms, here are the steps:
- Decide with your partner teacher which video conferencing platform you want to use together for video calls between partner classes and agree on a date/time for the call
- Log in to your account on Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, or other video conferencing account
- Create and schedule a meeting on any of these platforms for the agreed upon time
- Copy and share the meeting link (and password if needed) with your students and your partner teacher to share with his/her respective students
Here are some tips on how start meetings on various video conference platforms:
- Starting a meeting on Zoom
- Starting a meeting on Google Meet
- Starting an instant meeting on Microsoft Teams
- Scheduling a meeting on Microsoft Teams
Keywords: remote, remote learning, distance learning