If you choose not to use the Empatico Meet video tool for your remote classroom, whether it is because you have more than 12 students or you have students joining on mobile devices, this article will help guide you through using other video tools on the Empatico platform.
How to lead a remote video meeting with your partner class using another tool such as Zoom or Google Meet
- Decide with your partner teacher which other video tool would work best for the two of you.
- Choose one teacher to create a meeting link for this other video tool call (e.g. you or your partner’s Zoom Personal Meeting link, Google Meet link).
- Schedule a date and time with your partner teacher for the class-to-class video meeting by discussing together and scheduling a meeting.
- At the time of the meeting: In your dashboard, click the "Join with Zoom" or "Join with [other video tool]" button on your meeting card that appears on your dashboard.
Note: most iPhones automatically disable pop ups so you may face some challenges when starting a live video on safari on an iPhone.
Here are some tips on how to start meetings on various video conference platforms:
- Starting a meeting on Zoom
- Starting a meeting on Google Meet
- Scheduling a meeting on Microsoft Teams
Keywords: remote, remote learning, distance learning, google meet, google hangouts, zoom, microsoft teams, video conferencing